The Nissan LEAF is a fantastic all-electric car. Since Nissan first introduced it in 2010, many have recognized the LEAF as a dependable electric vehicle. This environmentally friendly vehicle is as modern as it is fun, and most importantly, it has numerous features to help keep you safe on the road in Tracy, California. At Tracy Nissan, we love the LEAF and think you will, too. In this article, read as our team shares more information about the 2024 Nissan LEAF's commitment to safety.
2024 Nissan LEAF Safety Features
Nissan designed the 2024 LEAF with safety in mind. Through its many standard and upgraded safety options, you can drive with confidence, knowing the latest safety technology is protecting you on Tracy's roads.
The 2024 LEAF has a suite of features to help prevent accidents. Except for intelligent driver alertness, all the features come standard on both the S and SV PLUS trims. Here are some of the 2024 LEAF's top accident-prevention features:
- Lane departure warning: This system alerts you if you drift out of your lane.
- Intelligent trace control: It helps you make smooth turns on curves and corners.
- Intelligent lane intervention: This system helps you stay in your lane.
- Blind-spot warning: It monitors your 2024 LEAF's blind spots and will let you know if a vehicle enters that area.
- Intelligent blind-spot intervention: This system helps you move back if you're drifting toward someone in your blind spot.
- Intelligent forward collision warning: This forward collision alert system monitors the road ahead. The vehicle keeps a virtual eye out for up to two cars ahead of you and warns you if they're decelerating quickly.
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection: Like the intelligent forward collision warning, the automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection system monitors the road ahead. It considers your speed and distance from objects and warns you if you need to slow down, while the included automatic braking helps if you're about to crash or a pedestrian is in a crosswalk.
- Rear cross-traffic alert: This system monitors the area behind your car. It can warn you if other vehicles approach while you're backing up.
- Rear automatic braking: Like the rear cross-traffic alert, it monitors the area behind your car and includes automatic braking to prevent a collision. Instead of looking for moving objects like the cross-traffic alert, it looks for stationary objects.
- Active ride control: This feature keeps your ride smooth over bumps.
- Other collision prevention features: The 2024 LEAF also has features such as intelligent driver alertness (standard on the SV PLUS) and a vehicle dynamic control with traction control system.
Collision Safety Features
The LEAF's accident-prevention features are truly impressive. Even in the case of an accident, the 2024 LEAF works to keep you and your family safe with the standard Nissan Safety Shield 360. Here are some of the top safety features that'll protect you and your loved ones in a crash:
- Air bags: The 2024 Nissan LEAF includes the Nissan Advanced Air Bag System. It includes dual-stage supplemental front air bags, seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags for front- and rear-seat outboard occupants, driver and front-passenger supplemental knee air bags, and roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags with rollover sensors.
- Crumple zones: The LEAF comes with both front and rear crumple zones. It has hood buckling creases and safety stops, an energy-absorbing steering column, a slide-away brake pedal assembly, and pipe-style steel side-door guard beams.
- Seat belts: The LEAF has a three-point automatic locking retractor and emergency locking retractor passenger seat belt system, front and rear outboard seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters, and a Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children system.
- Other structural features and systems: The 2024 Nissan LEAF includes a tire pressure monitoring system with an easy-fill tire alert, the Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System, and a vehicle security system.
2024 Nissan LEAF Driver-Assistance Features
The 2024 Nisan LEAF has many advanced technology features that work with you to help you stay safe behind the wheel. We have a few favorites.
Intelligent Around View Monitor
This system can help you park in the smallest of spaces, as it offers a 360-degree look around your vehicle. The Intelligent Around View Monitor system uses four cameras to make a composite view, including an overhead angle and curbside views. It'll alert you if something moves near your vehicle. This system is available on the S trim and standard on the SV PLUS trim.
ProPILOT Assist, standard on the SV PLUS trim, helps you keep a steady distance behind the car in front of you, keeps you in your lane, and adapts to changing traffic.
Challenging Driving Conditions
The 2024 LEAF is here to help if the road ahead gets challenging. High beam assist is standard on every LEAF. This feature will automatically switch between your car's low and high beams as needed, such as when another vehicle is ahead of you. Hill start assist is also standard on both trims to keep you from rolling backward on steep hills.
Other Driver-Assistance Features
The LEAF has a few other features to keep you safe on the road. Although the S trim doesn't come standard with the Intelligent Around View Monitor, it does include a rearview camera. Both trims come standard with a rear sonar system.
The 2024 LEAF Is Your Partner in Safety
Nissan has taken a truly comprehensive safety approach in the 2024 LEAF. We think you'll agree, and we'd love the chance to show you all that the LEAF has to offer for your daily Tracy, California, driving needs. Check out our 2024 Nissan LEAF inventory and book a test drive today. And be sure to check out our convenient finance application form if you're ready to drive off in a new 2024 LEAF.